10 Anxiety Busters
People who suffer from anxiety disorder are normally prescribed drugs to counteract their anxiety. However, oftentimes, anti-anxiety medicines only deal with the symptoms and not the root causes. Anti-anxiety medication often provoke dislike from people who have used them for some time. One of the most common reasons is its side effects.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Some foods and drinks can also provide home remedies to treat anxiety.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. You mind will feel relaxed and your thoughts will be soothed. If you find it hard to sleep at night, Chamomile can help you sleep. It has natural sedative properties that can bring your stressed mind and tense body to a relaxed state.
2) A natural substance found in turkey, called Tryptophan, makes you feel relaxed after eating. Tryptophan is related to serotonin, a chemical that helps the brain deal with anxiety. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Improve your mental and psychological health by consuming avocado. They contain potassium, a chemical substance that lowers blood pressure. Eating avocado lessens the possibility of anxiety attacks by keeping your heart rate at an even rate.
4) Consuming a variety of leafy green vegetables and hemp oil can contribute to optimal brain health. These kinds of food help reduce stress and anxiety. Leafy greens are a good source of magnesium, an element that plays a crucial role in balancing your brain-adrenal axis.
5) Dark chocolate calms you. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Research has shown that aside from its other health benefits turmeric can help ease symptoms of depression and anxiety. Turmeric has many healthy properties like anti-inflammatory, healing, and maintaining blood sugar balance.
7) Increasing your intake of foods rich in folic acid can keep you away from anxiety. It is a chemical that helps maintain your brain’s healthy function, and asparagus is a good source of it. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) A good source of vitamin B is liver, as well as other organ meats. Serotonin production is done by methylation which requires sufficient amount of vitamin B in the body.
9) Eating oysters can increase your intake of zinc, an essential mineral that your brain requires to behave normally. If your zinc level drops below normal, this can cause anxiety.
10) A healthy gut often means a healthy brain. A dairy drink called kefir contains probiotics that help maintain the balance of bacteria in your gut.
Partner post: Finding Similarities Between Wellness and Life